NAVARRO ISD RETURN TO SCHOOL PLAN
THURSDAY, AUGUST 13, 2020
Navarro Independent School District continues to review information and guidance available concerning the start of the 2020-2021 school year and COVID-19. Navarro ISD is preparing to open schools for At Home and In Person learners on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. The Return To School Action Plan has been developed based on TEA Guidance, CDC Guidelines, UIL Guidelines, Food Service Guidelines, and local health and safety procedures to ensure the safety of our students and community. In accordance with TEA Guidelines, the Return to School Plan is being released one week prior to the start of the school year. Parents and Community members are encouraged to review all aspects of the plan for addressing the safety, security, and instructional protocols for Navarro ISD students.
Device/Supply Pick Up for at Home Learners
Navarro ISD will be hosting Device and Supply Pick up for all At-Home Learners on Monday, August 17, 2020 from 1:00-3:00pm and from 5:00-6:00pm. In order for devices to be distributed to students for the purposes of At Home Learning, the following criteria must be met:
- Verification of Residency
- Completed Online Registration
- Completed survey designating AT Home learning as the family preference.
Devices and supplies will be checked out to the individual student. Parents are asked to please post a written sign in the windshield of the vehicle displaying the Student’s Full Name and Grade Level. Devices will be delivered to vehicles. Parents/Guardians/Students are asked to remain in their vehicle and a Navarro ISD employee will place the items in the trunk or seat of the vehicle as designated by the driver. Safety and Security protocols will be enforced. All workers distributing items will be wearing face coverings for the distribution. Student devices will be distributed at the students home campus in the following locations:
- Elementary Student device pickup will be behind the campus using the bus service road by the school cafeteria.
- Intermediate Student device pickup will be behind the campus using the bus service road by the school cafeteria.
- Junior High Student device pickup will be along the front of the campus by the Library.
- High School Student device pickup will be in the front of the school.
Below you can see a map marking the locations of ingress, mobile viewers can click HERE TO VIEW THE MAP