Navarro ISD Flyer Distribution Guidelines - (Policy GKDA)
All nonschool literature intended for distribution on school campuses or other District premises under this policy shall be submitted to the Superintendent for prior review in accordance with the following:
- 1. Materials shall include the name of the person or organization sponsoring the distribution.
- 2. Using the standards found in this policy at Limitations on Content, the Superintendent shall approve or reject submitted materials within two school days of the time the materials were received.
The information on the flyer must serve to benefit students and must not interfere, conflict, or compete with programs offered by the ISD. The district reserves the right to deny any request.
The following materials will NOT be approved for distribution
- 1. The materials are obscene, vulgar, or otherwise inappropriate for the age and maturity of the audience.
- 2. The materials endorse actions endangering the health or safety of students.
- 3. The materials promote illegal use of drugs, alcohol, or other controlled substances.
- 4. The distribution of such materials would violate the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or other rights of another person.
- 5. The materials contain defamatory statements about public figures or others.
- 6. The materials advocate imminent lawless or disruptive action and are likely to incite or produce such action.
- 7. The materials are hate literature or similar publications that scurrilously attack ethnic, religious, or racial groups or contain content aimed at creating hostility and violence, and the materials would materially and substantially interfere with school activities or the rights of others.
- 8. There is reasonable cause to believe that distribution of the nonschool literature would result in material and substantial interference with school activities or the rights of others.
Review the full policy here